Here’s a list of some things happening in our two schools in the last 2 weeks and coming up this week. I feel blessed to work with such an amazing group of teachers and students.
- First graders blogged about what they’re thankful for.
- Second graders Skyped with a class in Philadelphia to compare locations.
- Middle school students are adding information about their town and school on a Google map for others as a resource.
- Kindergarten and first/second grade classes left comments on one another’s blogs as ‘blogging buddies’.
- Middle school students discuss, via blog, the benefits of blogging.
- Teachers in our schools added their favorite places to visit on a Google map to build culture.
- Middle school students created a video about lures that predators might use, acting as news anchor people.
- Third/fourth graders used a collaborative Google doc to share ideas about being smart and safe with technology and online.
- Kindergarten students shared what they’re learning when using the iPad on video taken with the iPad.
- Middle school students took digital photos of math in nature, posted them on their own blog, then described the math featured in the photo and justified their thinking.
- Middle school students Skype with volcanologist in Michigan to ask questions about super-volcanoes.
- Kindergarten students use iPads to get to their blogs, then create posts and save.
- Third/fourth graders are using a Google presentation template to share knowledge about famous peacemakers.
- Middle school students learned about Creative Commons and Fair Use in preparation for a project where they’ll be incorporating images.
That about says it all.