Post 16 in the TeachThought 30-Day Blogging Challenge: If you could have one superpower to use in the classroom, what would it be and how would it help?
I don’t have a classroom of my own, so I’ll focus on one superpower that would help me with my work, and well, life.
I would want the ability to see into the future.
A recent post for the blogging challenge asked me to think about how I might be a different teacher in 5 years. It’s impossible to predict, with technology changing as quickly as it does, what things will look like in just 5 years. But it would be nice!
I often have questions about the not-too-distant future:
- What will our schools look like? Feel like?
- What role will technology play in schools?
- How will the role of teachers change?
- Will students really be in charge of their own learning? (I hope so!)
- Will we truly be globally connected?
- How long will the Common Core and SBAC last before the next thing comes around the curve?
- What will I be doing? (That’s a big one!)
Wouldn’t it be nice to get a glimpse around that bend ahead of time so you could make adjustments and ensure that things turn out positively? Or is it better to control our own destinies by doing what we’re doing NOW, making the choices we’re going to make?